Hammy the Hamster(=


Saturday, February 6, 2010

Audience post

- When the first teller of Beowulf prepared to share the tale, what assumptions do you think he (or she) made about the purpose of the story?

I believe the first story teller shared this story becuase he or she was inspired by Beowulf. I also believe he or she wanted to pass the story down, becuase the hero was so inspirational to them.


- How do you think the storyteller's beliefs about the intended audience--men gathered in mead halls--affect the content of the story?

Men in the mead hall was the intended audience for the story. So in this case the story teller probably exaggerated the story into being more fierce, and more of a challange. It kind of reminds me of a bunch of guys hanging out at a bar telling stories and exaggerating them, to make them look more tough.


- How do you think YOUR beliefs about your video games' intended audience (you will need to determine who your audience is) will affect the development and final version of your game? Think of age appropriateness, learning goals, types of characters, etc.

I want my game to be appealing to all ages. I don't want it to be just educational, but fun too! It may be a challenge to make a game for all ages, but I'm up for it. I want to have characteristics that will catch the attention of the young and also teenagers, I may do this by adding bright colors and small challanges.

3 comments: