Hammy the Hamster(=


Monday, March 8, 2010

Canterbury Tales-Prologue




On this blog I will answer a few questions about the Prologue of
The Canterbury Tales.

Why did Chaucer select the specific stereotypes or characters that he did?

I believe that Chaucer selects the specific sterotypes or characters becuase it gives the story more excitement. Everyone has their role, and by breaking them up into stereotypes it makes the story more relatable. Instead of just imagining it, you can put yourself in the place of a specific character; this could make the story more enjoyable.

What importance did they play to that particular society?

Everyone has there own role. It is an older time, and a different setting, but much similar to ours here and today. It is important becuase how would our society be without the "jocks", or the "emo's", or even the "popular" kids? ( I don't really like using stereotypes) There would be like a whole group of characters missing.


Do you believe that this is an honest depiction of the time and the people?

Honestly, yes I do, becuase as I was reading I could actually picture the characters and setting in my head. I could see the Nun cursing, and the merchant boasting. I like the fact that it is just a bunch of different people thrown together becuase they all are making a pilgrimage to the church. We havn't really started reading the story yet, but it will be amusing to see the different roles and personalities thrown together.

When developing your own games, how important is the development of your characters to your games purpose?

I believe it is very important. Without a main character, or characters that stick out , the game may seem pointless. Our game is Hobo Travels, Will is the hobo, and main character, without Will the game would be pointless; see what I mean?
Is characterization only important in book or movie story lines or is there in fact an under current of plot to the gaming world?

I believe it is important in the gaming world too. Whether it is in our game Hobo Travels or any other. You could be playing a game where you have to destroy the villian to get to your princess, or prize, in this case there will have to be main roles. The villian's character will matter along with the one on the mission and the princess too!







2 comments:

  1. Well done. Very good post. However, it isn't rich, meaning you didn't provide any links or pictures to enhance your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a picture, I tried to add more, but it wouldn't let me move them!

    ReplyDelete