Hammy the Hamster(=


Monday, April 26, 2010

Group expierence

Today we did a group ' literature' activity. We were broke off into groups of three; I was with Rusty and Jeremy. We had to read a poem each and summerize it on a gmail group chat, after summerizing out own poem the other two asked questions about it. Unfortunatly for me, I was in a group where all three of us had a hard time understanding the poems. Jeremy did the first poem and it took him a while to summerize it but after he finally got what he thought it meant we asked questions. I didn't really agree completely with what Jeremy thought it was about, but we came to the conclusion that it was mainly about imagery. Rusty had the second poem, we all agreed that it was about a workaholic who missed out on simple things in life like love and romance becuase he couldn't get out from behind the books. I also added in the conversation that this just didn't happen to him and at that time, that this happens today too, and often. Finally it was my turn, I thought my poem was kind of easy to summerize. What I got out of it was a man who was depressed because he was lonely in life, so he basically drank his life away. I referred this to a guy now days who is sitting at a bar on Christmas eve, lonely, no family or friends drinking the night away, looking outside the window watching the happy families pass. I really liked doing this activity becuase it was a fresh break from FLASH, and it gave us an oppurtunity to communicate with people in this class that we might not usually associate with.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you enjoyed the activity. How did you feel about the process? In other words, did you like the online chat feature for a group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was interesting to see how others view things apposed to how I do.(=

    ReplyDelete